Monday, April 14, 2014

Lolita52 - Part E

13. Lolitas I have met in real life
I've met a few girls from my local community since I've gotten into the fashion~ I regularly see Erin and Charelle at our university Japanese culture club, and have met Kat (suitcase rummage), Bailey (to purchase a salopette), Hannah, Heather and Whitley at Supanova :D

14. Lolitas I would love to meet
I don't have any particular 'Lolita idols', I'd just really like to meet more girls from my local community. If I had to choose though, I would definitely want to see tumblr users 'lostnatsu' and 'victorianme' in person, their coords are always styled in a way that I love!

15. 3 things I wish I was told when I was a new Lolita
- Don't buy all the cheap things!
I've wasted a lot of money buying things that I didn't love as much in person, just because I thought they were cheap. Now I have to find time to list those items and try to sell them ;A;
- Hair accessories are important
I don't mean that in the sweet OTT sense, where girls pile things on, but even in classic Lolita, hair is quite an important aspect to the overall aesthetic of an outfit. I really wish I'd put more effort into getting nice hair pieces, instead of scrambling now xD
- Tights are important too
I started off thinking that brand tights were overpriced. They still are, but taobao has sellers with some wonderful alternatives. At first, I thought that my plain tights and plain OTKs I'd amassed in previous years would cut it, but after looking through the plethora of coords on tumblr, I've come to the realisation that printed tights look much better (imo) and give outfits a nice touch.

16. 10 facts about my Lolita wardrobe
1. It's a mish mash of styles
2. I only have JSKs, and a few skirts/salopettes (I think OPs would sit weirdly on me)
3. I currently have 11 main pieces in my collection
4. I have quite a few Infanta pieces (3)
5. Only my main pieces are 'brand'
6. The only brand 'accessories' I have are a pair of Baby UTKs I received as a gift, and Nicholas Fruit socks I got when I bought the JSK set
7. Right now, I only have 1 head bow, also from the Nicholas Fruits set
8. All my blouses are from a Taiwanese store called 'Lemongrass' in WuFenPu
9. I really need to make a jabot
10. I haven't yet worn 4 of my pieces out of the house

No comments:

Post a Comment