Sunday, April 13, 2014

Lolita52 - Part D

9. 5 keywords that describe my personal Lolita style

sweet, classic, safe, motif, fruit

Sweet and classic are quite self explanatory, but what I mean by 'safe' is that I like to play by the rules (except no boleros... never boleros!). As for motif, I seriously love prints focused on one particular item, such as stained glass windows, or the dove (I assume) - and its feathers - in End of Immortal Eden. Fruit is also fairly obvious, if a dress has fruit on it, 99% of the time I'll have the urge to buy it!


10. How I first found out about Lolita
Oh man, this is a loooong story, but hey, we have time!
I basically knew about Lolita fashion (although didn't know what it was called) since around '05, through various manga and just Japanese culture in general.
What really got me started was when I went ice skating with a friend at the beginning of the year (Jan. 2014). There was this girl who was there with her boyfriend, someone my friend knew so they greeted each other, and the girl was in a poofy printed dress! A little while later, my friend asked if I knew what the girl was wearing, to which I replied, "Probably Lolita?" When I got home that night, I went on youtube and searched for the only 'Lolita-like' youtuber I'd come across, VenusAngelic, and chanced upon her "My Strange Addictions" video. After watching that brain-numbing episode, I decided to check out what this fuss about a living doll was, because Emily especially intrigued me. By luck, I read Fyeahlolita's entry on the origins of the "Lolita" fashion, and fell in love with a few dresses after browsing her blog more. In trying to find out more about these newly-adored dresses, I was caught in the Lolita web ;w;




11. 3 trends I wish would come back
Looking at the posts from 2013, I really wish chocolate, stained glass / religiously inspired and book prints would come back! Most of the 2014 releases (bar royal creamy chocolate) have been of prints I have minimal interest in (ie toy animals).


12. Combining other fashions with Lolita
I think this is very hard, and may end up looking "ita". I suppose the easiest (?) may be mixing goth/punk with gothic Lolita, or fairy kei with sweet Lolita, but I personally don't have the confidence to combine Lolita with other fashions yet

No comments:

Post a Comment